Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Landon's baptism

Landon
Jon and Landon
Landon, Brittany, and cousin James
Grandpa and Grandma Thompson
Caleb and Landon practicing their song.
Landon, Caleb, and cousin Emily
What a beautiful day! The following was his program:

Baptism of Landon Jon Mumford
Saturday, October 23rd, 2010

Pianist: Jeromy Smith
Chorister: Holly Larsen
Conducting: Bishop Johnson
Opening Song: When I Am Baptized
Opening Prayer: Brittany Mumford
Talk on Baptism: Tyler Mumford
Musical Number: Caleb and Landon Mumford
I Am a Child of God

Baptism of Landon:
Performed by Jon Mumford

Talk on the Holy Ghost: Terri Thompson

Confirmation of Landon:
Performed by Bruce Thompson

Primary Welcome: Angie Hale
Bishopric Welcome: Bishop Johnson
Closing Song: I Hope They Call Me on a Mission
Closing Prayer: Valerie Hays
Everything was perfect! The piano playing, the prayers by Brittany and Valerie, the talks by Tyler and my mom, the song by Landon and Caleb, the baptism, the video of Landon, the confirmation by my dad, and the remarks by the Primary and Bishop, all added to the spirit that was felt. I am so proud of the decision that Landon made to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to receive the Holy Ghost. And I am so thankful for family and friends that were there to share the special event with us!



5 comments:

Jer and Cam said...

What a sweet day for your family! Sounds like it was perfect in every way:)

Lynnette said...

So sorry I missed it! Elise was disappointed. Glad it went well, though.

JaMie HeApS said...

he is so sweat and handsome.. and did i say awsome at football watch out!

Sarah said...

I loved reading all about your week with your parents and Landon's special weekend. What an amazing family you have. Congrats Landon!

Family of Disney said...

Way to make a great choice to be Baptized Landon!