Monday, June 11, 2012

True Happiness

I love those moments in life when you realize the things that are most important....the things that bring true happiness.  I experienced one of those moments recently.
    Tyler has went on splits with the missionaries.  They were teaching a young man who was in Tyler's  history class. When it came time for Mic to be baptized he asked Tyler if he would be the one to do baptize him. What an honor!
     Mic's family was very supportive of his decision. His grandparents are members of the church but his parents are not.  They have decided to take the discussions because of the example of Mic.
     As I was watching Tyler baptize this young man I realized that what I want most for my children is for them to be truly happy.  Of course I want them to be successful in school, their career, in sports, etc. But ultimately the most important thing is that they have a testimony of their Savior, Jesus Christ.  That is where true happiness comes from.  And that is how we can be a forever family. I don't have much time before Tyler graduates and goes on a mission.  When I think of this I get a little sad.  I can't imagine him being gone for 2 years! But I can't imagine him doing anything better!

7 comments:

Gale Family said...

That is so awesome! Love your FAMILY!!

Sadie said...

That is so awesome!! Good job Tyler!

Unknown said...

What an awesome post! I couldn't agree more. :)

Jer and Cam said...

Wow! That is the coolest story ever! What a great experience. We love you guys!!!

JaMie HeApS said...

ty you are one in a million!!! kinda wish you would hang out with us more!!!

Lynnette said...

That is awesome! We miss you guys.

Lynnette said...

38