Friday, July 15, 2011

Vegas

Jon and I decided we hadn't gotten away without the kids for a long time. So we decided to leave the kids with Christian (who is leaving for a mission in November). We got there on Friday night in time to hit the buffet at our hotel and then Phantom of the Opera.


We loved Phantom! I had never been to something like that. It was amazing! And I loved the music.
Then we hit the town to see the Bellagio fountains.
The next day we sat by the pool and did a little shopping.
Then to dinner at Cheesecake Factory, one of our favorites.
We stayed at Treasure Island.
We saw Mystere, a Cirque Du Soleil show. It was incredible!

We went back to Cheesecake Factory for brunch. Jon had the best stuffed french toast!

And then off to the pool. We were only there for about 15 minutes before a thunderstorm rolled in. So we decided to head home.

What an amazing weekend! I felt like we were newlyweds. It was so fun to have Jon all to myself without anyone else around. I am a lucky girl to be married to him!


Highlights:


"Thank you! Accidently grabbing a lady's hand Buffet desserts like Creme Broule and chocolate covered strawberries McDonalds breakfast The drunk couple at Phantom Sleeping in Watching the US in the world cup at at bar in Caesars Our room key not working so I had to stand in line forever in my swim suit! Ben and Jerry's ice cream The Mirage volcano show






3 comments:

Kendra said...

You are ALWAYS having so much fun!!! i want to see Phantom so bad, did you love it??? Missing you!!!

JaMie HeApS said...

what a blast mums!!! nothing like viva las vegas!! im gald you got to see some fancy shows, and eat at your fav places.

Jer and Cam said...

Oh what I wouldn't have given to see you sweatin it waiting in line for that room key in your swim suit:)! You are so funny! It sounds like the most romantic get-away then top it off with all those shows and it sounds exactly like my kind of trip! Except you didn't mention Barry Manillow. He must have been too amazing for words:) Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!